About Martin's Used Trucks & Equipment
Starting out as a full service dairy in the turn of the 20th century and transitioning to commercial vehicle sales in 1969, we have worked to meet our customers' needs for almost 100 years.
H.H Martin started it all with a milk route in 1925 to serve the city of Lancaster, PA. From there ownership transitioned to his wife, E. Pearl Martin, upon his passing. H.H. & E Pearl had 3 sons that all worked in the business (Norman, Harry, & Bob). Norman, a conscientious objector, stayed home to run the business with his mother, while Harry & Bob went off to the Korean War. Upon Bob & Harry's return from the war, Bob partnered with Norman in the business while Harry also helped on a part time basis. Bob & Charlotte Martin assumed full ownership of the business upon Norman's passing in 1958. The business peaked with over 60 employees, many full service milk delivery routes, and a retail dairy & ice cream bar. In 1969 Bob Martin Sr. transitioned from Martin's Dairy into commercial vehicle sales when Turkey Hill approached with an offer to purchase the milk routes. After the sale, Martin's Dairy ceased operations. With the constant acquisition of small diaries over the years, Bob Martin Sr. acquired an affinity for equipment and commercial vehicle sales as he liquidated acquired dairy equipment. Equipment sales were a logical fit with the sale of the dairy. In 1992 Rob Martin Jr. & Jane Martin purchased ownership and assumed control of daily operations as they continued to work with Charlotte. For the past 45+ years Martin's Used Trucks & Equipment Inc has worked hard to satisfy your needs and provide quality trucks and commercial vehicles to get the job done.
Photo taken of Norman Martin standing next to his Martin's Dairy Dodge Pickup. The exact date of the photo is unknown but thought to be in the late 1940's